I must tell you that I'm enjoying using the new blogging style to publish
my writings. I’d like to share my reasons for changing from email to
Problems with email:
1. When I send email to my list of about 6,000, I get hundreds of
immediate bounce-backs: “Not in the office”; “No longer at this
company”; “Deleted as suspected spam” - etc.
2. I’m not sure how many of the 6,000 recipients actually read my eNews;
I don’t know how many simply ignore or delete. I get lots of good email
feedback (I respond to each one). But, many simply “delete” and I never
know. In any case, it’s a time-consuming and arduous process for me.
3. The “old” eNews had 5 main items and 3 feedback – became the usual. The
problem was each item could not be very long (target 300-500 words).
I had to edit out a lot of very good stuff.
Blogging is better:
1. My columns can be longer – target 1,000 words. I can write without
undue length limitations.
2. I can focus on just one topic at a time. This will allow me to publish
about one a week.
3. Inserting into the blog is easy-breezy: I write in Word (or any other
text program) and simply cut-and-paste into the blog.
4. Feedback comments can be inserted by readers immediately. If the
comment is not appropriate, I can contact the blogger, or simply
delete. I don’t really expect to delete or edit anything.
5. I won't get the flurry of hundreds “out of the office” and other
6. I get a ton of immediate statistics via the blog, run by Google:
Page views; traffic sources; referring URLs; number of views per
country - and a plethora of other stuff.
7. My email within the Blog is: email@example.com
My email: Jim@jimpinto.com is still valid.
Problems – which YOU can help resolve:
1. Some have asked,“How do I know you have published a new article
on the blog? Will I be informed?”
2. Solutions: The latest couple of articles will be be on my homepage:
http://JimPinto.com (bookmark it). Earlier items will be listed
in the index: http://jimpinto.com/writings.html There will be links
to the blog everywhere. You can go directly:
http://JimPintoBlog.blogspot.com Make it easy by bookmarking.
3. Sign up for RSS. RSS allows you to easily get the latest content
directly. You save time by not needing an email newsletter.
The number of sites offering RSS feeds is growing rapidly:
Apple iTunes, Yahoo News and many others. Several people have
already been reading eNews via RSS.
I NEED YOUR HELP
I’d like YOU to help me with your feedback and comments directly
via the blog: Go the the blog via http://JimPintoBlog.blogspot.com
and insert your feedback comments. DO IT NOW – it’s easy-breezy!
Of course, you can always do it the old way: send me an email!
Stay in touch. Happy blogging!
Carlsbad, California, USA